Green Curtain Theatre plan to stage an evening of stories and songs later this year in London.
We are looking for short pieces, either monologues or duologues that have a performance time of no longer than 10 minutes. A monologue is a bit like a speech and is to be performed by one actor. A duologue is a short playlet, to be performed by two actors.
The theme for the pieces is “Leaving“.
- – The character(s )must be in one of the following locations:
– On a ferry between Ireland and the UK or vice versa.
- – At the boarding gate of an airport in Ireland or the UK
- – In the aircraft of a plane about to take off
Hundreds of thousands of people have left Ireland to come to the UK, fewer in the other direction so there are many stories to tell. Be interesting- be entertaining.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All entries must be typed.
- Please email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries should be original and not have been submitted previously
- Please ensure that you name and address are on a separate page to your writing
- Closing date for entries is 29th October 2018. Note new date
- We will contact the writers of the selected pieces by October 31st 2018
- We regret that we are unable to enter into any correspondence about the pieces.
- As we are an unfunded, theatre production company, we cannot pay you a fee for your work, however you will receive two complimentary tickets to the performance.